I'd like to start watching either Cantonese series or western series dubbed in Cantonese to improve my language level. Do you have some suggestions? I like comedy cartoons like the Simpsons or Family Guy, but these don't seem to be dubbed in Cantonese.

If you want to watch the catonese about the family, I would suggest 大头儿子和小头爸爸,可可可心一家人 and 大耳朵图图 – Whhhhhhhhy Mar 3 '17 at 17:17
  • Wouldn't Cantonese cartoons 'subbed' in English a better way since you listen and understand from the subtitle? – Alex Mar 3 '17 at 18:05
  • @Whhhhhhhhy Are these also suited for adults? I mean I'd like it to be interesting for me to keep going – J. Doe Mar 4 '17 at 11:35
  • @Alex Yes that would be great too, but the few cantonese cartoons I found were primarily aimed at children – J. Doe Mar 4 '17 at 11:36
  • @J.Doe Sorry,I made a mistake, I mixed up the cartoon and Cantonese – Whhhhhhhhy Mar 4 '17 at 13:41

Ohhh! Cartoons is my favorite. Let's me answer it! I made a list for you first.

A.Comedy cartoons

1 我們這一家(My family) MY childhood! Sooo adorable mum,a pretty body shape and humor to deal with any problems. A traditional Japanese family, nevertheless not too serious and rigid, and too much fun with them.

2 麥兜(McDull) It's a original Hong Kong cartoon. About the dailylife of cute pig ! But honestly he speaks too little dialogue. And a lot of word about Hong Kong culture. I worry you canˊt understand so I put it no.2. It doesn't mean it is a bad cartoon. If you live in Hong Kong, you always find something similar with McDull.(maybe building, maybe food, maybemaybe activities )

3 多啦a夢(Doraemon) It's a famous cartoon, no introduction. However, If you were to get a Doraemon, please wouldn't hesitate to share with me. I will appreciate it very much.

4 日式麵包王(Yakitate!! Japan) That's funny story about a juvenile making amazing Japanese bread. ↓↓↓↓The first episode↓ :(

5 小倩(Xiaoqian) Human and Ghost Love(don't know how to translate) 小倩 小倩

6 忍者亂太郎 Ninja's school daily

7 keroro軍曹 A frog wants to occupy the earth.

8 成語動畫廊 Awesome cartoon! Learn both Chinese idioms and Chinese history. I get lot of fun with it when I am primary school, becaue it means our Chinese teacher ask for leave and we can have a rest in a lesson.

成語動畫廊 成語動畫廊

B.Adventure cartoon 1龍珠(Dragon Ball) It is difficult to find Cantonese version on Youtube. Maybe search on tudou.com or youku.com

C Horror animation

1 死亡筆記(Death Note) Please don't write down your name.

2 HunterXHunter(全職獵人) Father where are u! I am your son. There are two version of it. Old version is easy to find Cantonese. ↓ :(

HOPPING THE ANSWER WON'T BE LATE FOR HELPING U! HAVE A NICE STUDY TOUR!

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.