This article is about IBE, Imaging Biodiversity Expedition.

怎样为野生动物保护尽一份责任 Maybe: How to best serve and protect wildlife.

I'm having trouble with understanding: 尽一份责任 Possible answers:
1. give the highest priority to all responsibilities
2. maximise (wildlife protection)
3. fulfill all the duties (of wildlife protection)
4. meet all the demands (of wildlife protection)

I don't understand quite how they mean 尽一份责任 I think it is '尽 all the responsibilities', but then, what is '尽’here? Maybe 尽 is 'all' here? '尽一份’ is maybe 'each and every'?

徐健和他的朋友曾苦苦琢磨,怎样为野生动物保护尽一份责任。他们不分昼夜地奔波,渴望拍出足以使人疯狂的照片,…

然后说:于是徐健成立了社会企业IBE,为保护区、政府等各类课题服务,…

• You can think of 尽 as maximize or exhaust [fulfill like @TangHo said below is good too]. 一份 together with 尽 is always singular meaning: one's own. Your sentence has it's "who": 徐健和他的朋友 with 尽一份责任 - They want to live up to their responsibilities. – user3306356 Apr 4 '17 at 3:21
  • enter 尽一份责任 into jukuu:be obliged to/it is one's turn to play,do one's part – user6065 Apr 4 '17 at 8:07
  • @Ree:jukuu does not have a direct example of '尽一份责任‘ @all:If I rewrite: 徐健琢磨怎样最好地保护野生动物。 do I have the same meaning as the original? – Pedroski Apr 4 '17 at 22:20
  • @Pedroski you got the gist of it, but it the original stresses more the point of doing ones responsibilities. – user3306356 Apr 6 '17 at 6:18

"to pull one's own weight" may be fit 尽一份责任

http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/characters/2662/

[3] [v] try one's best; devote to

尽 in 尽责任 means 'try one's best to fulfill'

'一份责任' means 'try (their) best to fulfill (their) share of duty'

More examples of 尽 (v):

一分努力 (devote all effort one can summon )

人事 (exhaust one's ability)

力 (exhaust one's wit and strength)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.