What is a polite noun to refer to a colleague who is departing a company? For example, in English I might simply refer to them as a "leaver". (So someone who is leaving.) This is simple and non-offensive. Is there a Chinese equivalent?

1 Answer 1


离职员工 or 离职同事 is what we will use when referring to a leaving colleague, but this is very official and so only used when the audience is the general public.

Usually we only call their names and say they are leaving.

Ex: 志明不在这里工作了。

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.