I have stumbled upon the following website: http://www.zuowen8.com/.

It seems to contain a daily-updated listing of school students' essays, categorized into groups.

I figured out it would be good language practice. However, I would like to ask more able Chinese speakers about the website - I trust that a language user would be able to grasp things after a modest glance.

• What is the purpose of the website? E.g.:
    • are the essays uploaded by students? Are they error-free?
    • is this meant to be a student resource, or a system to prevent plagiarism in essays?
  • What does the website's catchphrase (让写作成为一种习惯) mean? My guess is: Let writing become (something of) a habit. (is 一种 a quantifier here?)

It's called 作文吧。

What is the purpose of the website? E.g.: are the essays uploaded by students? Are they error-free? is this meant to be a student resource, or a system to prevent plagiarism in essays?

I think this website is for primary school/secondary school/high school students. The purpose is to provide some good examples to show how to write a good article/essay.

It's a kind of student resource, and usually, make it easy to plagiarize. Not sure if it's bug-free. But it's "high-grade" in exam.

What does the website's catchphrase (让写作成为一种习惯) mean? My guess is: Let writing become (something of) a habit. (is 一种 a quantifier here?)

It's a slogan. Yes It's "Let writing become a habit".

The purpose? I believe lots of students copied/memorized these essays for educational purposes...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.