Can anyone recommend any (free to use) short audio material that has good quality transcriptions (eg subtitles) in chinese and english? I think the TED talks have this type of material, anything else?

I'm trying to make some of my own lessons material where I can listen to audio and get the transcripts with time-synced text. Also would be great if there was pinyin too...

edit: here's a game using sentences from Tatoeba project, with a text-to-speech engine: http://cgram.rikai-bots.com/magnets/?lesson=comparisons

but, the speech isn't that natural. Also the pinyin is auto-converted so it messes up sometimes.

It seems that you need a textbooks used by China kindergarten. Other than that there's no materials come with no cost. It's hard to find a good materials consists of: Pinyin, English, Chinese and a recording.

• I started using a TTS (text to speech) engine so now i just need it en/cn/pn without the audio. – dcsan Apr 30 '17 at 10:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.