The 平台 is usually rendered as 'platform', but what is the 超流量?

The total context of the phrase is as follows:

是俄罗斯及市场最新颖的垂直跨境电商零售批发网站。未来平台注册用户数将超过1000万+,日均访问UV超过100万+,PV超过0.5亿+,最大化展现平台流量价值.

So would it be 'a site / a platform / an Internet space (Russian 'ploshchadka') with highest [Internet] traffic'?

Your understanding (highest [Internet] traffic) seems correct, given that it is used on an e-commerce site.

But I want to point it out that it is not a standard/correct word. Chinese have a lot of freedom in coining new words but not all of them are fine ones. Of most IT-related idioms, 超 is translated from hyper, so we have 超链接(hyperlink), 超文本传输协议(HyperText Transfer Protocol), etc.

Nobody can give an exact meaning of 超流量平台 because it is not a standard IT idiom published by 全国科学技术名词审定委员会(China National Committee for Terms in Sciences and Technologies ). That's why I said in my previous answer, it is just an ill-devised fancy word.

• So, can 超 be reated to and describe the 平台? – Manjusri Jun 10 '17 at 11:24
  • in short, no. "超流量平台" is a lousy retouch of an already awful term "流量平台", which does not make any sense to anyone who is not of the SEO and e-commerce industry. – Barry Jun 12 '17 at 0:43

超 = super

流量 (flow volume): describes the volume of a moving body of water. It is often borrowed to describe 交通量 (traffic volume)

超流量 = 超(大)流量 - 'super (high) traffic volume'

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.