I usually say 《我也是》, but it feels like an awkward response, and maybe a bit cold. Is there a common friendly or colloquial response? Thank you!

Use:

1. 我也是很高興認識你。
  2. 請多多指教。(I'm not really sure how to translate this phrase.)
  3. 能夠認識到你是我的榮幸。 (It's my honour / It's my pleasure to meet you here.) / (I'm delighted to meet you here.)

There's a lot of response for this. Just comment below if you have further problem.

• Thank you! It sounds like option 3 is the most formal, is that right? As for the translation of 2, a literal translation might be 'please continue giving me comments'; would it be correct to interpret it that way? In English this one sounds sarcastic, so I wonder if it is the same in Chinese. – M_B Jul 1 '17 at 1:05
    Yes, it is. As for the translation of 2, the translation would be something like..."I am willing to learn (something) from you."...It is formal, but usually used by the old generation... – Jacky X. Jul 1 '17 at 1:37
  • (2) seems most natural to me.... – Violapterin Jul 4 '17 at 17:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.