Can someone please help me identify these chinese or japanese characters and what they translate in english?

If you could please answer in such a way to clearly distinguish between the large word and small word

1 Answer 1


The small characters are 有田 (owns rice field)

The big character is 雅 (elegant)

有田 (Arita) is a common Japanese surname

有田雅 may be a Japanese name 'Miyabi Arita' in kanji

  • So 雅 means Miyabi?
    – dwkd
    Jul 16, 2017 at 12:08
  • 'Miyabi ' is the English pronunciation of the Japanese kanji '雅' (ミヤビ) . 雅 in Chinese is pronounced as Yǎ
    – Tang Ho
    Jul 16, 2017 at 12:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.