I recently purchased a small teapot from an antiques fair and I'm unsure what the mark means. I'm presuming it's likely a modern reproduction, but my attempts to find someone to translate this have failed me.

enter image description here

  • Welcome to Chinese Language SE! Which mark? However, these kinds of questions are off-topic here, unfortunately... – Blaszard Aug 23 '17 at 22:16
  • Oh sorry, I saw some other questions and thought it'd be OK. Forgot the photo! It's here: dropbox.com/s/i9bsxwf21j9mclr/IMG_4274.JPG?dl=0 – Snoozer282 Aug 23 '17 at 22:17
  • I'm afraid it's fake, or a counterfeit :( – iBug Aug 25 '17 at 11:49

It says: 雍正 年 制 Yōng​zhèng nián zhi (zhi' here means 'manufactured')

You can read that as: 'made in the year of Yōng​zhèng'

Yōng​zhèng: Qing Emperor 1722 - 1735

Don't know about antiques, but that says it is Qing dynasty! If you get a million for it, I'll send you my alipay :)!

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.