I can't quite see what the phrase 唯物史观 really means here. Could someone please reformulate it with other words or just longer?

任何一门学科,包括理科,都是知识体系和价值体系的结合统一。物理学科的科学精神、唯物史观,不都是思想教育的重要内容吗? 所以,教育工作者要有整体的育人观念。

In the text 科学精神 and 唯物史观 are separated with a listing comma '、' for which I use 'and'.

唯物: materialistic ??
史观: historically speaking ?? historical??

Maybe:
物理学科的科学精神、唯物史观,
the scientific mind of physics and (、) historical materialism,
不都是思想教育的重要内容吗?
are they not both important parts of ideological education?

• 不都是思想教育的重要内容吗? is a rhetorical question. I am not sure if 'Aren't they ...?' and 'Are they not ...' take the same effect in English, for I saw people use "Aren't they..." for a rhetorical question most of time. – dan Sep 23 '17 at 1:05
  • 没有什么两样’aren't they' 和 ’are they not' 之间。 ’aren't they'也不一定修辞的 – Pedroski Sep 23 '17 at 5:46
  • historical materialism en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_materialism – Mo. Sep 23 '17 at 10:17

From the wikepedia page:

历史唯物主义(英语:Historical Materialism)是马克思主义哲学的重要组成部分,也被称为唯物主义历史理论(materialist conception of history)或唯物史观

| improve this answer | |
  • 马克思先生不信奉上帝了吗? 'Materialism' means you only believe in the physical world. Marx died before Quantum Mechanics really started, or he may have reconsidered! – Pedroski Sep 23 '17 at 5:39
  • @Pedroski, And he would reconsider more if he was still living now! lol – dan Sep 23 '17 at 12:28
  • @Pedroski Things don't need to be match their name. For example, the Queen rules the United Kingdom, but really? – Kevman Sep 29 '17 at 6:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.