I am reading a construction plan from a Chinese contractor. The following word was not translated to English and I cannot understand it. I cannot copy it also because it was saved as image.

What does it say? Thank you. I found this in the electrical equipment schedule.

enter image description here

another one is below: Look like the one says "phase" (electrical term). Am I right?

enter image description here

• 三相五线 three phase five wire (system) – 賈可 Jacky Sep 26 '17 at 17:59
  • 漏保 is short form of 漏电保护器, the leakage protector. – 賈可 Jacky Sep 26 '17 at 18:00
  • 天花检修口 ceiling access hole – 賈可 Jacky Sep 27 '17 at 14:57
  • 配电箱 distributor box – 賈可 Jacky Sep 27 '17 at 15:19
  • It said: "Please hire a translator." – Kevman Sep 29 '17 at 5:48

天花 is short for 天花板 (ceiling)

檢 means 檢查 (inspect)

修 means 修理 (repair)

囗 (mouth) refers to 'opening'. In construction term, it means "access panel"

天花檢修口 Means 'ceiling maintaiance access panel"

配電箱 means ' electricity distribution box'

漏保 is short for 漏電保險掣 (circuit breaker)

• Wow, that was fast and complete. Thank you. I added something, can you please add? – Jem Eripol Sep 25 '17 at 3:45
  • Thank you so much. :) looks like the drawing is from the distribution box towards the distribution lines. – Jem Eripol Sep 25 '17 at 3:51

天花 is short for 天花板(not 版)

Comparison table:

Simplified Chinese <----> Traditional Chinese

检<---->檢

电<---->電

保险<---->保險

• ah, I made a typo. – Tang Ho Sep 25 '17 at 9:58
  • No problems, sir. Thank you for replying and noting that. :) – Jem Eripol Sep 25 '17 at 11:15

FYI, for your future translations, google translate allows you to draw characters with your mouse. You just have to copy the strokes even if you don't understand them.

• Thank you for this, I didn't know this is possible. – Jem Eripol Sep 27 '17 at 0:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.