For a role playing game I'm joining, my character is a monk of Chinese origin.

Trying to come up with a name I thought of "Eye of (the) Hurricane/Typhoon" as the monk is a very calm character caught in the turbulence of the real world outside of the monastery. I tried to look for a Chinese translation of which I would want to use the Pinyin equivalent, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know what the eye of a hurricane or typhoon is called in Chinese and if so, could you provide me with a Pinyin alternative?

I tried this dictionary: http://tool.nciku.com/pinyin-translator/#results But the server isn't responding. Couldn't find any other good dictionaries.


1 Answer 1


It's 风眼(feng1 yan3) or 台风眼(tai2 feng1 yan3), simply the word-by-word translation to the English word "Eye of (the) Hurricane/Typhoon".

You can see it on the wiki: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%A2%A8%E7%9C%BC

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.