I tested my simple translation skills and searched for an example English complex sentence on the internet...can someone judge my translation of this:

"Although I like to go camping, I haven't had time to go recently, and have nobody to go with."

to this:

"虽然 我喜欢去露营, 我不没时间去最近 还有我没有有人去跟。"

Corrections (grammar, word order, word choice) very much appreciated.

• 虽然我喜欢露营,但最近我没时间去,也没有人可以一起去。 You can use lang-8.com to ask for correction of your translation. – user-487 Oct 14 '17 at 20:51
  • I tried to sign up to the website but it said that no log ins are allowed... – Nick_2440 Oct 14 '17 at 20:59
  1. When a sentence is started with a 虽然 (although), it is always followed by a "but" (但, 但是, 不过, 可是)

虽然 我喜欢去露营

~

1. Unlike in English, time is mentioned at the beginning of a clause,

虽然 我喜欢去露营 但 最近...

~

1. Most of the time, the subject 我 only need to be mentioned once in a sentence.

虽然 我喜欢去露营 但 最近

~

1. 我不没时间去 - '不没' is a 'double negative'- delete '不'

虽然 我喜欢去露营 但 最近 时间去

~

1. 却 usually follows 但

虽然 我喜欢去露营 最近 没时间去,

~

1. 还有我没有有人跟

• It is correct that 还有 means "also/ and" but in this case, use '也' make better connection between clauses in the sentence.

• omit 我

• 跟 (with) should follow by the subject and verb [go with me]=[我去]

没有人跟我去

Correct grammar:

"虽然 我喜欢去露营 但 最近 却没时间去, 也没有人跟我去。"

Simplify: (You only need the verb '去' once)(没有 can reduced to 没)

"虽然 我喜欢露营 但 最近 却没时间, 也没人跟我去。"

• Thank you very much, I still have a lot to learn as I'm sure you can tell. – Nick_2440 Oct 14 '17 at 21:31

Although I like to go camping, 尽管我很喜欢露营, I haven't had time to go recently, 但是我最近都没有时间去, and have nobody to go with 而且也没有人陪我。

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.