If not how would it be corrected using the exact same characters?

And what is the issue with the original sentence?

Struggling a bit with word order!

• Is this an exercise that you are given several words to make a meaning sentence? – fefe Oct 20 '17 at 1:33
  • Restore a scramble sentence is a good exercise for identify different word types and their relation, but it is hard for beginners – Tang Ho Oct 20 '17 at 6:33

If the rule of the game is all characters must be used, I guess I can play it like this:

"打扫这么大的客厅多累啊!" (cleaning such a big living room, how tiring!)

what is the issue with the original sentence?

打扫大客厅这么多累的啊

"打扫大客厅"(cleaning the main living room) is the topic, followed by the comment/opinion "多累啊"

'这么' and '的' are not needed

• +1 If I were to use all provided characters to form a correct sentence, this would probably be it – Philipp Oct 20 '17 at 4:40

As you can't count 累 probably not good to use 这么多累。

打扫完一个大客厅,好累哦

• Thanks for your reply, however I have to use those exact characters to construct the sentence. Would <打扫大客厅的多这么累阿> work? – Molly Clare Oct 19 '17 at 23:15

Few variations:

1. 这么(样)打扫大客厅多累啊! // Cleaning a big living room in this way tires (me) out.
  2. 打扫大客厅多累啊! // Cleaning a big living room tires (me) out.
  3. 打扫大客厅这么累啊! // Cleaning a big living room tires (me) out.

The issue with your original one 打扫大客厅这么多累的啊 is that you put two modifiers 这么 and 多 for 累,so you might have to remove one. And also 的 is misused and should be removed.

Also, 这么多(的) + noun is the correct structure, like 这么多(的)爱,这么多(的)人. However, 这么多(的) can not modify an adjective, so 这么多(的)累 is a wrong expression.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.