Is this a colloquial way to say this?

我与的朋友在二月份去中国

or what about

我二月份与的朋友在去中国

• The second one is better but don't need that 的 – Mou某 Oct 20 '17 at 13:31
  • Nor do we need that 在 – jf328 Oct 20 '17 at 13:37
  • If I dont need to use 在, how to I indicate that Im going to go somewhere.. like Im planning on it, or that Im definitely doing it? Hui? 会 在 is used with location and when indicating you're currently doing something, correct? – Kevin Price Oct 20 '17 at 13:39
  • @KevinPrice, 在二月 in Chinese sounds more like that it already passed, not quite likely in the future. you could put 我二月份要和(几个)朋友去中国。 – dan Oct 20 '17 at 13:45
  • @KevinPrice: you could use 要 to indicate 'be going to'. – dan Oct 20 '17 at 13:52
  1. First, 的 is not needed and doesn't make sense. Omit it altogether (or make it 我的朋友).

2. Second, 在 is to express what is happening right now. It is close to "is doing ~" in English (e.g. 我在看书。). If you talk about what will happen in the future, 要 should be the word for it. So replace 在 with 要.

So, the one answer should be:

我二月份要与朋友去中国。

Actually, both "我与的朋友在二月份去中国" and "我二月份与的朋友在去中国" are not correct.

If you emphasize "I am going to", you can use

"我将在二月与我的朋友去中国"

If you emphasize "in February", you can use

"二月份我将与我的朋友去中国"

If you emphasize "with my friends", you can use

"我将与我的朋友在二月时去中国"

• What is the use of 将在 here? – Kevin Price Oct 20 '17 at 14:00
  • @KevinPrice, "我二月要和朋友去中国" is the most colloquial way I think. – Kaitai Yang Oct 20 '17 at 14:05
  • @KevinPrice, "在" uses in "doing something" and "将在" means "be going to" – Kaitai Yang Oct 20 '17 at 14:08
  • so 将在 is like "Im going to be at" or "im going to be in"? and 将去 is like "Im going to go" ??? – Kevin Price Oct 20 '17 at 14:09
  • 将去 is like "I'm going to go". But when you use "将在", here "将" means "be going to" and "在" means " 'in' February " – Kaitai Yang Oct 20 '17 at 14:14

的朋友 doesn't make sense, should be 我的朋友, 我的 = my.

我与我的朋友在二月份去中国 is OK, though 我和我的朋友二月份去中国/二月份我和我的朋友去中国 would be more natural, and the 我的 can also be ommitted.

我二月份与我的朋友在去中国 is not understandable.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.