Today is the Singles' day, so I want to say something like "Today is my day. I accept your congratulations". Sure, it's some kind of a joke.

Could you correct me, please, if I'm wrong: 今天我的日子! 接受你们的祝贺。

Is this sounds ok? Or it's gonna sound strange for chinese people?

今天是我的节日 or 我今天过节(more natural) – Jason Swift Nov 11 '17 at 10:39
  • users suggest adapting ichacha results for"my day" : my lucky day 我的幸福纪念日, my luck day 我的幸运日,not my day 运气不佳 – user6065 Nov 11 '17 at 13:29

今天是我的日子 is not something a Chinese person would say, because it is a direct translation of an English colloquial phrase.

If you want to express your happiness on this day, you can say:

光棍节真是为我设计的 (Single's Day was created for me).

光棍节了真开心, 都来祝贺我啊~ (I am so happy that it is Single's Day. Everyone congratulate me).

These are informal ways of talking, which may have better results if you want to make a joke :)

| improve this answer | |

今天是我的日子!

今天是我 接受你们的祝贺的 日子! 。(the relative clause should be placed before the noun "日子"

However. “Today is my day” is a common English expression that means “Today is my lucky day” or “today is the day I success”. It would be "今天是我走運的一天" (today is my lucky day) or "今天是我吐氣揚眉的日子"(today is the day I success) in Chinese language.

"Singles' day is a day for me," is "單身日是為我而設的日子" or simply "單身日是我的日子" in Chinese.

今天是我XX的日子.

今天是我大喜的日子 (for wedding).

今天是我的幸运日.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.