So, someone I respect has followed me back on social media, and I was hoping to thank them directly. I can't really figure out how to word "Thank you for following me"/"Thank you for following me back"/"Thank you for the follow". What's the best way I can say this?

• 谢谢(你的)关注 / 感谢(你的)关注 – Jason Swift Nov 13 '17 at 0:21
  • @pogglings I know that this is your first question, but usually stack exchange requires that you show some homework - what you've done to try and answer the question yourself and why or how you are stuck. Otherwise your questions are gonna get downvoted and closed real quick. You can edit the question to fit the criteria to avoid any issues. – user3306356 Nov 13 '17 at 7:47
    yeah, it's a good, specific question... maybe you could do more to expand on why it is interesting/difficult based on your own research..... avoid just "translate this"...... on that note, maybe I could edit – Mike M Nov 13 '17 at 8:40
  • Ahh I see! If I had known, I would've included more context - I thought It'd be weird/unnecessary if I gave the whole shebang, but I see now that it's a pretty important part of stack exchange. I've received many great answers and responded to the follower in question (ended up going with "谢谢你关注" as that's what many users, including my close friend who I asked at the very beginning, answered with) but I'll keep this in mind if I ever need help in the future. When I have the time, I'll get around to filling the details of my situation in the description. – pogglings Nov 14 '17 at 8:34

谢谢你关注我呀!!!

There's actually an article that kind of talks about this on zhihu, funnily enough. Their translation there is:

thank you follow me --> 谢谢你关注我呀!!!

They also have a picture of automated thanks for following me in action:

qqqfome

On social media 关注 is always the term for follow.

• I disagree. You can take 关注 as a type of follow, but can not make it vise versa. "Thank you for following me back" does not ALWAYS mean "谢谢你关注我呀". – dan Nov 14 '17 at 0:05
  • @dan OP is, clearly, only asking for situations on social media. So, yes, "Thank you for following me back" on social media does always mean "谢谢你关注我呀". – user3306356 Nov 14 '17 at 3:06
  • Even not always on social media. We just can't reach an agreement anyway. – dan Nov 14 '17 at 3:20
  • @dan Please provide some examples then. – user3306356 Nov 14 '17 at 3:34
  • We have provided enough info for OP to use. I don't want to waste time on this any more. I'll just stop here. – dan Nov 14 '17 at 3:45

It could be 感谢大家(/你们)(长期以来一直)追随我、支持我!

感谢大家追随我: thank everyone/you for following me.

感谢大家支持我: thank everyone/you for supporting me.

感谢你们长期以来一直追随我、支持我: thank you for keeping following me and supporting me for such a long time.

感谢大家: thank everybody.

感谢你们: thank you.

长期以来一直: being for a long time;

追随我: follow me;

支持我:support me, back me;

• Shouldn't it be 关注 like @JasonSwift mentioned in his comment and not 追随? – user3306356 Nov 13 '17 at 6:40
  • 关注 is more like you pay close attention to. But it could be possible to interpret it as following as well. It all depends what OP really want to address. We just provide more options here. – dan Nov 13 '17 at 7:18
  • Dude, social media is always 关注 - to follow someone on weibo is 关注...to follow someone on zhihu is 关注... to follow a tieba on baidu is 关注 --- what's the issue here? – user3306356 Nov 13 '17 at 7:25
  • What about 追星? You see young pursuit or follow their dreaming stars. Anyways, I will leave it there for OP to determine. – dan Nov 13 '17 at 7:34
  • "关注" is widely used as the translation of "follow" on social media, and "粉" is a less serious alternative. "追随我" feels like "I'm the leader and you're subordinate", which is improper and misleading. – Jason Swift Nov 13 '17 at 8:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.