I'm preparing a presentation for my Mandarin class. The idea is to stage a situation. Basically the point is to create a situation which begins with a Chinese person asking for two foreigners to take a picture for him. Since the situation is to happen in China, this seems very unrealistic, so I decided to start the stage with the Chinese person talking to himself:

I'd like to take a picture of me and my family, but there is no one around except those two foreigners. I will ask them.

How do I say that in Mandarin?

• since everyone who has a smartphone can take selfie, this situation seems unrealistic. I input "I'd like to take a picture of me and my family, but there is no one around, execpt those two foreigners. I will ask them." in google translate, the result... 我想拍一张我和我的家人的照片,但是周围没有人,把这两个外国人都弄死了。 我会问他们。“ That is funny – Tang Ho Nov 25 '17 at 20:45
  • except for "把这两个外国人都弄死了" the rest of translation seem fine – Tang Ho Nov 25 '17 at 20:52
  • This guy doesn’t know how to take a selfie? Seems unlikely. – user3306356 Nov 26 '17 at 0:51
  • I find very plausible to ask someone to take a photo for you when it is a photo of you and your family. He's not taking a photo of hilmself only. – math.h Nov 26 '17 at 0:54

"I'd like to take a picture of me and my family, but there is no one around execpt those two foreigners. I will ask them."

我想找人帮我们拍一张全家福,但周围除了两个外国人就没有别人了。我去问问他们。

This: '我想给我和我的家人拍照,但是这里除了那两个外国人没有别人了,我想让他们帮我。'

although 帮我做某事 seems quite common,帮我 w/o additional object less so, alternative suggestion: add 个忙: 帮我个忙 do me a favor – user6065 Nov 25 '17 at 20:40
  • 帮我个忙 更接近口头语,不过你说得对 – cycycd Nov 26 '17 at 3:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.