I've been having trouble constructing statements containing question words. For example:
If you have a friend who can speak English
Most translation software writes this as.
Which sounds more like "If you have an English speaking friend" and completely leaves out the question word "who".
I was trying to construct sentences in a similar way to how they are said using the "When, 当。。。的时候” structure.
When I return home I'll give you phone call.
I only know how to say some other sentences this way such as.
I don't know when I should go.
Is it possible to use other question words in this way? Or should the question word be left out and be said another way?
Other examples that I though of are.
- She's the one who owns this car.
- He told me what you said.
- I will decide when I leave.
- He will tell you where to go.
- This is why I arrive early everyday.
- This is how I use my phone.
Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance!