There are lots of synonims in Chinese for "evaluate, estimate", so my question is: what is the best match for "evaluate/estimate time needed for something"
I want to estimate how long it will take me to prepare for examination.
我要 [评定] 准备好去应考需要多少时间。
Till now there are four answers and comments and all of them give different versions:
- @Diaph - 估计 or 评估 (我想要[评估]准备应考需要多少时间?)
- @user6065 - 计算、估算，琢磨
- @Pedroski - 预测 (我想预测准备这场考试要多长时间。)
- @dan - 预估 (我想预估一下我要花多长时间来备考。)
So please provide some prove or explanation why this translation is used in your answer.
UPDATE (some examples from internet; English translation is mine):
估计 [gūjì] is mostly used as a noun:
- 时间估计能准确一些 (Time estimation could be more precise)
- 估计备份处理时间 (Estimate backup processing time)
- 正在估计时间 (Estimating time...)