For those familiar, I am curious to what extant holy Jewish texts have been translated into Chinese. Of course, the Bible is translated but that understand by on its own. Now, obviously, the extant of the Jewish diaspora has not really extended into Chinese speaking countries or areas. (Except for that small window ever there:) I’d be curious if there was, for example, a translation of the Talmud ever attempted. I don’t know who the people who have to be with such a particlar set of skills.

"... Jewish diaspora has not really extended into Chinese speaking countries or areas." - Not true. Google "Jews in Kaifeng" or "Jewish diaspora in China". – monalisa Feb 26 '18 at 14:44
    Chinese translations of Quran 古兰经 (except for earlier translation of some verses) only date from 1927 see zh.wikipedia.org/zh-hans/… – user6065 Feb 26 '18 at 17:55
    The Quran is not Jewish. – monalisa Feb 27 '18 at 1:01
    mentioned because of similarities between Jewish and Muslim Chinese, 回族 in particular as far as origins are concerned, note also that OP mentioned Bible translation – user6065 Feb 27 '18 at 1:09
    OP mentioning Bible translation is relevant because the Old Testament of the Bible IS Jewish scriptures. – monalisa Feb 27 '18 at 6:00

Yes, there is. For example, see this. Although, according the comments, it seems it's only a small part of the Talmud.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.