In the following sentence over 知乎:

从我的观察来看,不同企业对于data scientist这个title的定义其实是有分歧的,偏向于data reseacher的有,多见于大型IT企业,百度大脑的data scientist们多属于这一类型,他们搞的是比较前沿的深度学习,平常会读大量paper可能自己也会发;偏向于data creative的有,各种企业都会储备,会ETL,懂模型、懂行业,会展示沟通,比较能够创造直接的价值。偏向于data developer的也有但是很少,他们不懂模型,只要给他们算法公式,他们就能用编程语言帮你实现,实现算法是重要的技能,但是这种不懂模型不懂行业的,现在大多企业都不太会给这样的人data scientist的title了。

The grammar book does not seem to have this usage of 有.

I feel that the meaning is similar to 关于 or 至于 (at least in this context), so the relevant sentence above can be rewritten as follows:

关于偏向于data researcher (or suffix "的话" here?),

关于data developer,虽然他们比减少,

However, grammatically how does 有 work here? I just check out the Chinese grammar wiki but didn't find any relevant pages.

偏 inclined 向于 to data researcher/data creative 的 ones 有 there are, thus "there are those inclined to data researcher", " there are those inclined to data creative" 的 may refer to "data scientist这个title的定义"mentioned before – user6065 Mar 22 '18 at 6:57
  • verb 有 would usually precede its objects, data researcher/data creative 的 in the present case, but objects can be fronted – user6065 Mar 22 '18 at 7:07
  • As a standalone phrase, 偏向于data reseacher的有 means exactly the same thing as 有偏向于data reseacher的 or 有的偏向于data reseacher - if the latter two makes more sense to you. As mentioned in the comments above - it means "there are those [businesses] which prefer defining the term data scientist as a data researcher". – droooze Mar 22 '18 at 9:08

I am a native speaker and consider myself a "data" person.

From my perspective, he didn't end the sentence properly and his array of sentences could be changed a bit like below so it's easier to understand.

从我的观察来看,不同企业对于data scientist这个title的定义其实是有分歧的。 偏向于data reseacher,多见于大型IT企业。百度大脑的data scientist们多属于这一类型,他们搞的是比较前沿的深度学习,平常会读大量paper可能自己也会发文章

The purpose of 有...的 is to illustrate his/her point using example(s).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.