I only remember seeing 我的名字叫……

Would 我的名字…… also be an acceptable choice?

• Yes, it's acceptable. – dan May 18 '18 at 12:56

If I don't know your name I may ask: 你的名字是什么?

So of course you could reply: 我的名字是恩瑞克。 or 我的名字叫恩瑞克。 或者 我叫恩瑞克。

that's right.我的名字是 = my name is

Adding to dan's comment... For short phrases like this you can often see if they work by searching with quotes for the full phrase. Searching for "名字是" quickly gets you to a bunch of book and movie titles, so it looks like you're good to go. You can also check stuff like this with google ngrams https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=%E5%90%8D%E5%AD%97%E6%98%AF%2C%E5%90%8D%E5%AD%97%E5%8F%AB&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=23&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2C%E5%90%8D%E5%AD%97%20%E6%98%AF%3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2C%E5%90%8D%E5%AD%97%20%E5%8F%AB%3B%2Cc0 That doesn't give you context, so "名字是" is getting a boost from a bunch of contexts you're not interested in like 这个名字是很吉祥的 or something. The ngrams trick doesn't tell you how to use 名字是 or whatever you're looking up correctly, which is a pretty major downside. But, if a combination is not possible, you'll get a clear unambiguous negative, so it's still useful.

YES, it is correct.

我的名字是…… = My name is ... 我的名字叫…… = My name is ... 我是…… = I am

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.