I would like a translation in putonghua for “tone contour” as in “the tone contour of 普通话 is 314”

I found two terms:

  • 声调轮廓 from CC-CEDICT
  • 音调曲线 from ABC dictionary

Are either (or both?) of these what I'm looking for?


Only the first one is correct (聲調輪廓), as a jargon used in linguistics. The second one is a (bad) word-for-word translation of tone (音調) + contour (曲綫).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.