I have 9 TrueType fonts that include seal script hanzi, but do not include them entirely. Could someone show me a decent font, or send me via email the shuowen jiezi font?

http://web.hku.hk/~jwilam/chinese/font.htm

There's two:

Note that 說文 records many variants, so the default one that appears when you type Chinese may not be the "orthodox variant" that you're looking for (I know from experience because I've used these fonts before). If you're good at reading seal script, you should open the font with a character map to get the unicode directly to type the variant you want.

Also, many characters that we use today may not have existed as a seal script character. They may have used another character for the same word, or the word just didn't exist back then. You can't do anything in this case except construct your own seal script character for those.

These problems I've mentioned might be the same problem you're having with your existing set of 9 fonts, and you may have these two fonts already.

|improve this answer|||||
  • the link to ebase927.ttf doesn't work :( any mac os friendly fonts available? – 水巷孑蠻 Jul 11 '18 at 7:42
  • @水巷孑蠻 Try moedict.tw/fonts/truetype/cns11643 instead. I don't know of anything that's specifically macOS, sorry. You should ask OP, who said they have a collection of 9 fonts. – dROOOze Jul 11 '18 at 7:47
  • many many thanks :) the web pages provided mentioned downloading an *.exe file, which is windows only. anyway, thanks for your help. – 水巷孑蠻 Jul 11 '18 at 7:57
  • I will try to upload the package with the 9 fonts to mediafire... As soon as i do it i will post the link here. – G.H.A.P. Jul 11 '18 at 20:07
    Here it goes: mediafire.com/file/gv63qz6g4c8oct8/… it includes 15 fonts, with the ebas927.ttf – G.H.A.P. Jul 11 '18 at 20:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.