In common mandarin chinese, How i wanted to know how many "known" 行书 semi-cursive handwriting variants are they?

I also wanted to ask two questions (the answer could be different although these two questions "seems" to appear the same) :

1) Which of those "known" 行书 semi-cursive handwriting variants are most popular in use nowadays by common Chinese people?

2) Which of those "known" 行书 semi-cursive handwriting variants has the most comprehensive & complete guide (in terms of number of characters which they construct on how to write the charaters in that variant) ?

Regards

• There is no hard and fast rule about it. One usually copies from those he likes most, or develops his own way with reference to others.
    – dan
    Aug 26, 2018 at 3:19
  • This is like asking "how many cursive styles of handwriting exist in English (alphabet languages)"
    – dROOOze
    Aug 26, 2018 at 3:33

1 Answer 1

If you want to learn 行书 for practical, I can post some styles for you.

荆霄鹏

enter image description here

====

田英章

========

顾仲安

======

卢中南

========

任平

They are the most famous calligraphers modern times, the most populars are 顾仲安 and 田英章, my favourite is 顾仲安.

Here is more from 顾仲安.

楷书 enter image description here

行书 enter image description here

顾仲安 publish many 字帖, and there are video tutorials, groups on line.

• Thanks. From where did you get this list from? and can you post a link to those video tutorials? Is there any in english the tutorials?
    – Tomsofty33
    Aug 26, 2018 at 10:10
  • @Tomsofty33 I collected from the web, I think you can join 百度贴吧 顾仲安吧, it is like reddit to get more help, and all the resource you will need. tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=顾仲安
    – sfy
    Aug 27, 2018 at 6:11
  • Does it accepts English language questions about Chinese language / handwriting ? The forum in the link I mean.
    – Tomsofty33
    Aug 28, 2018 at 7:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.