Came across characters which appear to be written on parchment. Any idea why it’d be framed or the meaning of it? All I can tell is that it seems to be a [poetic] story. (The characters in red are a signature and appear on other paintings as well.)

frame

(I realize the image is horizontal, but if I were have rotate it some of the characters get cut off.)

the main text is 洛神賦

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/洛神賦

the inscription is the last line (above the seal)

同治戊辰閏夏臨于何氏之還讀我書齋

同治戊辰閏夏 is 22nd may - 19th june, in the year of 1868

enter image description here

臨于何氏之還讀我書齋 means copied (臨摹) at mr. ho (何氏) 's (之) premise that named "還讀我書齋"

well, the seal is unrecognised in this resolution. do you have a higher quality one?

have fun :)

• Thank you for a point in the right direction. Indeed seems to be written (for/to?) Luo Shenfu, the wife of our author’s older brother - Cao Pi. (I changed the image to higher resolution; hope it helps.) – Oliver Oct 23 '18 at 18:55
  • @oliver, only a third of the seal is shown, in the updated picture :( – 水巷孑蠻 Oct 23 '18 at 18:59
  • I see what mean; sorry. Changed the image now. – Oliver Oct 23 '18 at 19:07
  • @Oliver did you really change the image? I still can’t see the seal clearly. – droooze Oct 23 '18 at 23:35
  • @droooze I did. Before it was cut off; now it’s full. I regret that it may be unclear though. – Oliver Oct 23 '18 at 23:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.