I remember when I was studying in China a teacher of mine said you could omit a word under the same word using the character/symbol 𠚤. Coincidentally I bumped into it yesterday and remembered that. But I'm not sure if this is correct and if it's really this character. For example:

中国 很 大。
..𠚤.. 很 漂亮。 (omitting 中国)
..𠚤.. 在 亚洲。 (omitting 中国)

Questions:
1 - Does 𠚤 really have this function?
2 - Does 𠚤 have a name?

Thanks

It's more likely to be「」than「𠚤」.「々」is far more common in Japanese rather than Chinese, and in both languages its usage is more commonly seen as in this question. – dROOOze Nov 22 '18 at 22:50
    It is likely that the correct character is not shown properly and thus substituted by a square. – zyy Nov 23 '18 at 1:25
  • @zyy I believe that that’s only on your side. It displays fine on my computer. – Mo. Nov 23 '18 at 13:15
  • @user3306356 Then it seem like you are the only one who could answer this question correctly. – zyy Nov 23 '18 at 16:49
    @zyy droooze has already written a good answer in the post he linked above - this might even be a duplicate. – Mo. Nov 25 '18 at 6:08

1) yes, it represent what is from the above! But in formal writing, Like journals or school articles or official documents from the lawyers. we are not allow this kind of writing. But in private conversations, email or when professor write on the black board. People understand that this is used to denote the words in the sentence above it. 2) no

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.