enter image description here Sorry if my question is inappropriate, but I really need to know what this tattoo means. Thanks in advance!

You had a tattoo but you don't know what it means.... how could you? – Tang Ho Dec 7 '18 at 19:45
  • Long story, I was 15 and the world was mine. Please tell me even if it's extreme stupid. – user20949 Dec 7 '18 at 19:53
  • 乔基 (adjective + noun) apparently not a standard single word, characters and their meaning can be looked up in dictionaries – user6065 Dec 7 '18 at 20:16
  • 乔基 /Qiáo jī/ sounds like a transliteration of English name – Tang Ho Dec 7 '18 at 20:22
    is your name George? – Archeosudoerus Dec 7 '18 at 21:34

乔基, I'm 95% sure it's transliteration for the name George. Also it looks a little bit odd to me since usually the transliteration would written as 乔治, at least in Mainland China. And that's a boy's name.

• why not Georgie (Georgia的昵称)? (See comment #6)? – user6065 Dec 8 '18 at 6:34
    Thank you very much, this tattoo really was meant to be George. 2 days ago in a company somebody asked me what does it mean and when I said George, they laughed and made fun of it, saying it couldn't be George because it's not a chinese name at all. This made me doubt too after all these years and thats why I decided to ask here. – user20949 Dec 8 '18 at 10:11

It is a transliteration of your name, and 乔生 is my Chinese (first) name. Although I am a guy, so this may go to 神秘德里克's point.

In the old Chinese meaning, this meaning "I am a high-level man".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.