Is this above sentence correct? My question is related to the existence of 太, which seems odd.

If it's wrong, how would I say "Some players are equally very good"?

Thanks!

I think a little more context might be needed. For example there's this video on QQ entitled: 小脸蛋跟果冻一样太好摸啦, where the snippet 一样太好 is okay. – user3306356 Dec 12 '18 at 17:19
  • As an aside, I would consider some players are equally very good as waffle-language. You should rather say: several players (of some group) are equally skilled, which overall is easier to translate. – droooze Dec 13 '18 at 12:03

一些队员同样很好.

Some players are equally very good.

If you want to use 一样, then 一些队员也是一样很好的.

太 can not be used in comparing context, it is like the superlative, no others are good like them.

So you can say 一些队员太好了, without a comparing adverb, like 一样, 同样, etc...

• I liked you comment on 太 being like the superlative. How do you feel about 一些队员一样很好 then? I think the problem is having ANY intensifier there, no matter it's 太, 很, 非常... – Enrico Brasil Dec 14 '18 at 13:53
  • Absolutely ok, 一样非常好, 一样极好,一样特别好 are all ok. The difference is 一样 sounds more emphatic than 同样. – Jacob Dec 14 '18 at 15:39

Is ”一些队员一样太好“ correct?

• '队员' implies the players are 'team members'. If you meant players of a team sport involving a ball, you should use '球员' ; If you meant players of an individual sport involving a ball, you should use '球手'. If a sport doesn't involve a ball, then the people who participate in that sport are not called 'player'

• '一样' could mean 'also'; '同样' is a better translation for 'equally'

• 太 doesn't mean 'very'. It means 'too ~' or 'overly'.

• 'very' in Chinese is: '非常', '很' or '十分'

• to describe a player as 'good', using '好' is too general (it could mean he is a good person). You should use a more specific term like '优秀/卓越 (brilliant)' or '有才华'(talented)

"some players are equally brilliant/ talented"

"一些球员同样非常优秀"

一些 (some) | players (球员) | 同样 (are equally) | 非常 (very) | 优秀 (brilliant)

"一些球员同样非常有才华"

一些 (some) | players (球员) | 同样 (are equally) | 非常 (very) | 有才华 (talented)

Other choices

"一些球员同样(十分)优秀"

"一些球员同样(很)优秀"

"一些球员同样(十分)有才华"

"一些球员同样(很)有才华"

一些队员一样太好 doesn't sound right.

"Some players are equally very good" could be: 有些队员也非常不错 or 有些队员也非常棒.

一些队员一样太好...That do sounds odd...We don't say that ,you can say "一些队员同样特别好" 一样=同样 太=特别

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.