What social networks exist on the Chinese internet, that allow people to meet and discuss things on any topic, or ask questions, like on Quora. I am learning Chinese and would like to practice. Any useful resources pointed out besides this question and answer site and dating sites would be greatly appreciated.

• I guess somebody flag to close because this is opinion base. Although I will suggest something like Zhihu on general stuff, Douban on contents(books, music, movie, article) comments, but those are not a good place to learn Chinese, as it may contains confusing jargon and slang. – mootmoot Jan 15 at 13:22

Check out 知乎 - just type that into google along with any random Chinese word of your choice, to find a load of threads containing that word - it's a great way to practice reading.

• Thanks. What if I want to ask a question in Chinese about some topic such as life and culture? – Joselin Jocklingson Jan 15 at 11:47
  • @JoselinJocklingson I am not user2137196. If you want to ask a question in Chinese, then you may register for an account on the website. Then, you ask a question in Chinese. People respond. 知乎 is based on the Quora model. So, you can tag your question with 生活 or 文化 or 生活方式. – Double U Jan 15 at 12:04

百度知道 is also a Q&A website. You can find all sorts of information on there.

Quora -> 知乎 (share your stories that you just make up)

facebook -> 人人(almost died)

twitter -> 微博 (to be a VIP follower)

reddit -> 贴吧(not allow overseas)

youtube -> 优酷(You can even watch videos between ADs)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.