Can someone help me identify this tea? I received it as a gift and would love to know what I am drinking. It looks rather refined.

enter image description here

It is called '浮翠硒茶' (翠眉)

'浮翠' came from idiom '浮翠流丹' which is used to describe bright colors

'硒茶' means 'selenium tea' (tea that contains selenium)

From this web page https://chagardens.com/pages/benefit-of-teas-with-selenium

Selenium Benefits

Selenium was discovered in 1817 but at that time was considered to be a hazardous element. In 1973, after decades of tests and studies, the World Health Organization declared selenium not only to be non hazardous, but a trace element, essential to the human body.

Today selenium is known as a cancer slayer.

(翠眉) means 'green tea leaf in shape and size like an eyebrow' , basically means 'loose green tea leaf'

'浮翠硒茶' (翠眉) = 'Green selenium tea ' (loose green tea leaves)

On the upper right corner it said: '无公害农产品' (Pollution-free agricultural products)

On the upper left corner states the brand name '茅山长寿' (Maoshan Long Life)

江苏名商標 means 'Jiangsu's famous trademark'

句容市浮山果园出品 (Produced by Jurong City Fushan Orchard)

So, this tea is supposedly good for fighting cancer (?)

• Thanks for the detailed answer! Awesome. And yes, to my knowledge green tea is is beneficial for preventing cancer, though the evidence appears to be mixed [cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/… – Sven Jan 30 '19 at 22:26
    @Sven -- The selling point of this tea is it contains 硒 (selenium). I haven't read enough research to believe it really can fight cancer, that's why I sounded doubtful in my comment – Tang Ho Jan 30 '19 at 22:38
  • Can verify, this one is coming from a place near my hometown, pretty good green tea production area. – Archeosudoerus Jan 31 '19 at 16:05

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.