Is there an easy way in Word or Text or other software to type Chinese vertically from the right to the left, such as the following?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


In MS Word select Text Direction and change it to vertical.

enter image description here

Word needs to have East Asian language features enabled to do this.

Word for Mac looks slightly different:

enter image description here

  • To supplement: there are vertical text tool in other softwares like Photoshop.
    – sfy
    Feb 14, 2019 at 14:20

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.