I'm reading a web novel called "凤凰仙尊,刁妻萌娃好难训." There's a sentence which confused me, so I hope someone could tell me if my interpretation's already correct.

“凡物只所持,不外乎三种,神念、灵气、元血。只是,一旦错了。就不知会如何了。”

I assumed the meaning is "There are only three kinds of things to be controlled: divine comprehension, spiritual aura, and primordial blood. But (we) don't know what'd happen if a mistake occurs."

• You probably mean 凡物所持,不外乎三种,神念、灵气、元血。只是,一旦错了,就不知会如何了,it should be 之 instead of 只。 – zyy Feb 24 at 23:23
  • @zyy Is that a typo then? I copied the sentence from the novel... – Fai91 Feb 24 at 23:46
  • @Fai91 It should be a typo, 只 does not make sense in this sentence. – zyy Feb 24 at 23:52
  • @zyy So is my interpretation correct? – Fai91 Feb 25 at 0:22
  • @Fai91 It is hard to translate such terms to English, plus they themselves are some made up concepts. But anyway, 神念 should mean comprehension of the world, 灵气 should mean spiritual realization, 元血 should be referring to the flesh of a person. – zyy Feb 25 at 0:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.