this is a very quick question as I do not know any chinese at all, but what does this character mean? I've tried websites that recognize according to handwriting, but it just won't. I tried many times, but I think it may be the font or just my bad handwriting. It just has this one character and that's it, thank you so much!

enter image description here

• It means empty. (空) – nafhgood Mar 8 at 11:44
  • OP has shown homework (I've tried websites that recognize according to handwriting, but it just won't. I tried many times, but I think it may be the font or just my bad handwriting.) - there’s no need to close the question. – user3306356 Mar 8 at 12:51

The strokes in the upper half of the character looks more like Japanese to me. I think it is 空 (sora), which means sky in Japanese. The meaning of this character is basically the same in Chinese and in Japanese though. So it can also mean nothingness or empty.

Yes, it’s just another way of writing 空 as in 空气 or 空天 or 你有没有空时间呢。

• 你有没有空时间呢 is a wrong sentence. – Voyager Mar 9 at 15:03
  • @rambler That’s interesting. My wife, who is Chinese and has lived in China her entire life says it is a correct sentence. – reka18 Mar 9 at 15:52
  • Apparently, "空时间" is not a valid word. – Voyager Mar 9 at 15:58
  • @rambler it means free time. And it is correct. – reka18 Mar 9 at 15:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.