I started learning Chinese about three months ago.

If you are ordering from a menu, you just say wo de (food items). If I am introducing entree options, how would I say that we serve 北京烤鸭, 点心, and 四川火锅?

If I'm understanding the question correctly, you are asking from a waiter's perspective how would you say we serve 北京烤鸭, 点心, and 四川火锅?

There are many ways to say this. The easiest is probably "我们有北京烤鸭、点心和四川火锅"

Note that 点心 sounds a little weird in this context since it's usually perceived as dessert, not an entree item. So I would say "我们有北京烤鸭、四川火锅和餐后点心"

You mentioned saying "wo de (food items)" to order, but this is not a correct sentence to me. You might want to say "我想要..." "我要..."

Also, as an unrelated note, it's very rare that a restaurant would serve both hot pot and peking duck, since hot pot restaurants usually have tables specifically designed for their hot pots.

点心 is probably intended to be HK-style dimsum and not dessert here, perhaps a more specific term like: 广式点心 would fit here? – user3306356 Mar 12 at 6:16
  • yes, 广式点心 would make it clear. – Ben Yang Mar 12 at 17:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.