Looking back at my two weeks at NYMA, I've learned many valuable lessons, but the most important lesson I will remember is that people from different background all over the world, can create unforgettable experiences together when they march wearing one uniform: leadership.

上面这个句子的最后一部分该怎么翻译呢?直翻感觉很別扭。

• The last sentence reads unnaturally - “in” does not need to be there. – droooze Mar 16 at 23:01
  • That's my bad, there wasn't an "in" there. – shenkwen Mar 17 at 1:41

I may have understood the text wrong, but here is my trial

回顾我在 NYMA 训练的两周时,我感觉自学到了许多宝贵的知识。这其中最重要的,就是当这世界上来自不同文化、不同背景的人们都为了一个目标训练(行军)时,能创造出这么多令人难忘的回忆瞬间。而这个目标,就是领导能力。

• I like your translation better, but does it alter the original meaning of the speaker? – shenkwen Mar 16 at 12:33
  • @shenkwen I am not sure, could you please explain more about the text you quoted? – zyy Mar 16 at 13:53

回顾我在NYMA的两周,我收获了许多宝贵经验,其中至为重要一条,就是来自世界各地背景殊异的人们,也能在拼搏于统一领导之下时,共同创造难忘经历。

If we must emphasize leadership, it is unnatural if we put it straight forward because it is awkward to put when clause at the end of the sentence. So my best try:

回顾我在NYMA的两周,我收获了许多宝贵经验,其中至为重要一条,就是来自世界各地背景殊异的人们,也有共同创造难忘经历的可能,即当他们拼搏于统一领导之下时得以实现。

More information needed to interpret the figurative expression: march wearing in one uniform: leadership.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.