I have tried a usually effective OCR on it, and tried imitating the appearance in a handwriting recognizer, but neither gives anything that seems possibly correct. If context helps, it is preceded by 樂. The editing was to hide confusing background from the OCR. enter image description here

• Possible 園 in a cursive font. – 炸鱼薯条德里克 May 3 at 16:08
  • Given the context, this is probably the answer. Want to re-enter it as such? The waitress said it was correct, but I got the impression that she is third-generation and may not know. (Her Spanish sounded native.) It looked clearer on the menu with no sign of a box, but neither OCR nor imitation came up with anything. The Spanish name of the restaurant translates to “Peking Palace.” – 伟思礼 May 3 at 20:04
  • Her Spanish sounded native doesn't give any information about her Chinese. As far as I know, OCR can't handle such cursive font, especially when bold, most strokes just get merged. – 炸鱼薯条德里克 May 4 at 2:13
  • She also didn’t seem to notice when I said 谢谢. – 伟思礼 May 4 at 6:36

Puede que es 樂園 (乐园): el paraíso

definitely 园 (walled garden, now just garden)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.