There are different sequences of movements in martial arts (套路 - forms) all having their names. Some of these names are quite clear but some are hard to understand for me. For example a double hand form is called:

工字伏虎拳對拆 (工字伏虎拳对拆)

This form name comes from 洪家拳 system which is well-known in southern China (Guangdong province). So the names of forms are in Cantonese dialect.

The part of the name 伏虎拳 is clear for me but I can't find anywhere the meaning of 對拆. It should mean something like 'sparring set' or 'versus' but only 對 (对) can mean 'versus'. Is 對拆 some kind of a regional Cantonese word? Also, an additional question: how could 工字 be translated (if it can)?

Also I wonder: can I write/say 對拆套路 by analogy to 武器套路 or 拳術套路 (拳术套路)?

Here 拆 means 拆解,dismantle something into basic component, so as to understand and apply it to handle complex combination.

bkrs对折 1) 对半的折扣。(一半的折扣) fifty per cent discount; 50% discount; reduced by one half: 照货价对折 allow a fifty per cent discount off the price; reduce the price by one half 2) 对半摺叠。to fold in two 。print.folio freq. rank #60050 linguee:sell at a 50% discount 不常见: fold in two folio e.g. 以书中第 6 对折页( 图 16)为例 as seen in folio 6v (image 16),
also note example in TV show 今日说法 http://tv.cctv.com/2019/04/08/VIDEVF1V14RsBWtaIkbNuEzg190408.shtml?spm=C52056131267.PkHCdznQvTLi.0.0 );0:15:有去无回的外出 0:18:普通的案件的话 0:19:police officer: 车牌不会对折 bkrs: 工字 in the shape of character 工,工字形(梁)断面 I-beam

对拆:"对拆"什么意思!? https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/140590125.html 合起来就是说,俩人相互(演练自己的招数并)拆解对方的招数(,从而找出对方的破绽,用来修补破绽),现在的话讲就是找BUG。

OP is asking about 對拆 not 對折. – user3306356 May 7 at 16:04
  • The second part of this answer makes 对拆 clear enough for me, although it would've been better if you'd translated the answer. My Chinese is not as good and I had to use google :-) Thank you for clarifying 工字 - now I'm surprised that I didn't understand it (there's for example 十字路口). – K.J. May 8 at 10:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.