For the second round of simplification (actually, its second part), there is a scheme dividing the processes into classes by the method used, such as:
- leaving only part of the character that leaves the main impression;
- retain the form and smoothen fine details;
- replacing character altogether with a simpler one read similar;
- replacing only a phonetic with simpler one;
- use the hand-written form;
- replace altogether by a new ideographic composition; etc.
Is there a similar breakdown of how the simplifications were achieved for each particular one in the current list?