Can this two hanzi alone "尚活" support the meaning "still alive" without this last one "着"?

And if yes, what does "着" add to the general sense? I mean, what's the difference between "活着" and "活"? I've seen both used in similar situations, and I found this "尚活着" written poem without a real grammatic context, so I wandered if "活" alone can't stand the meaning "alive" in an abstract text.

see grammar,dictionaries,bkrs::to live alive living (work workmanship)动 (生存; 有生命) live: 吃为了活,不要活为了吃。 Eat to live, but do not live to eat. 他们将永远活在我们心中。形 (在活的状态下) alive; living: 活老虎 a live tiger 活捉 capture alive 活字典 a walking dictionary

durative aspectual particle,动态(时态)助词,表示动作还在持续,

活着 I [live] 度过生活 我只为科学而活着, 也只关心科学 II (1) [alive; living]∶有生命; 非死状态 他站在死去的和活着的人们之间 (2) [surviving]∶仍然有生命, 仍然没死 我青年时期一个仍然活着的朋友 it might seem therefore that 尚活 could mean "still alive, living" cf. 尚病,年岁尚小,尚未死,but in fact 尚活 always seems to be followed by 着, web shows exceptions LOFALi爱尚活的微博_微博,尚活族

literally,尚活 works.is it right to express you can use it that way

A good way to see how a word is used is to search it in Google news. There are examples of 尚活着:

• 復星集團是中國併購4大天團中,尚活著好好的唯一一家。
  • 它是國家與社會,個體互動下,尚活著的一份證據。
  • 「俄羅斯媒體錯誤報導,霍洛斯托夫斯基尚活著且在家休養。

There are also examples of 尚活 by itself:

• 每次我看到這一幕時,總不禁會想起來,如今尚活在藍軍裏頭的那些曾經服務於警總單位的「老伯伯老奶奶」們,真是情何以堪!
  • 有關高砂義勇隊的戰歿及生還人數,以及至今究竟有多少人尚活在世上,不僅有不同說法,也還有種種猜測。
  • AppWorks 創辦人林之晨提到,至今尚活耀於市場的新創團隊所有企業年營業額加總有19 億美金
  • 雲南省一名孫姓黑道份子, 1998 年遭到法院判處死刑, 20 年後尚活在人世間不說,還搖身一變成為夜店大亨在外趴趴走。

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.