瓢飲一具琢羙球

瓜分數瓣花葉浮

曲柄廻顧為羊頭

匪夷所思用意周

其脂非逺其性柔

東陵闗内伊誰候

any ideas?

Looks like it should be 瓜瓣瓢.

• 瓜瓣瓢 probably means a 瓢 made from 瓜瓣. In contrast, 瓜辨 is not a word (AFAIK).

• See a printed version of 清・金士松《喬羽書巢詩集》 (https://ctext.org/library.pl?if=en&file=105725&page=51). Since your screenshot looks like it's from a handwritten version of 《御製詩四集》, I suspect that it's a handwriting error. Well, printing is less likely to introduce errors :)

enter image description here

• semantically, it should be "瓜瓣", "瓜辨" does not make any sense. well, i'm now guessing who made the typo? the emperor himself, then the copy-writer didn't dare to rectify it. or the copy-writer made it, and proof-readers didn't discover it? – 水巷孑蠻 Jun 22 at 13:38
  • @水巷孑蠻 Well, 金士松《喬羽書巢詩集》 says 瓜瓣瓢, so I'm guessing that even if the Emperor wrote it wrongly, someone still "dared" to rectify it. However, I'm thinking that the copy-writer was the one who made the mistake. Maybe some museum still has the original copy of the fabric/paper that the poem was written on... – droooze Jun 22 at 13:41
  • btw, th poem is in the 四庫全書 集部 御製詩四集 卷六十四, page 28: archive.org/details/06054259.cn/page/n28 – 水巷孑蠻 Jun 22 at 13:42
    how dare was mr 金 :) – 水巷孑蠻 Jun 22 at 13:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.