jacket with either Chinese or Japanese writing on it

Help i have a jacket here that I want to buy but I need to know what it says and the site does not provide that information

• The symbol with the circle and arrow seems to add a slightly different meaning to the phrase, but I am not exactly sure what it is meant to imply. Aug 15, 2019 at 5:34

2 Answers 2

read right to left, top to bottom:

盖世:gài​shì:unrivalled
英雄: yīng​xióng: hero

• It's also the Chinese name of the game "Final Heroes," the name of a TV show called "Heroes of Remix," and also the name of a film, "Matchless Hero." I'm sure the clothing is not specifically referring to any of those though.
    – Mou某
    Aug 13, 2019 at 0:38

The circle with an arrow makes no sense to me. However, I think 盖世英雄 is used to refer to 项羽, who was the number one hero at his time but was defeated by 刘邦 who had a low beginning, and was not considered very righteous, but who made the first emperor of Han dynasty.

• Could the circle with an arrow circling 世, (meaning "world"), implies the present ascendancy of the feminine principle in our modern era and the "arrow" pointing at 英, (bravery) indicates a brave new world for females, (given the increasing number of females with high political power at present?) Also the circle with a downward pointing arrow is same as the symbol for female. Aug 19, 2020 at 4:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.