Can somebody tell me what 友並表 means? I know that 友 means friend.

In your question, the second word '並' is a variation of the word '并', which we use more often in daily life. But this phrase semms meaningless. Maybe something goes wrong.

• Maybe you should declare that you learned Chinese with learning materials from Mainland China, Malaysia, or Singapore, because many people who learned Chinese do not use 并. – droooze Sep 17 at 8:01

I'm a learner, but I might have a try at answering this question:

(yǒu)

友 pertains to "friend", typically used in 朋友 (friend), 友好 (friendly) and 友谊 (friendship).

(bìng)

並 is the traditional character, 并 is the simplified character. By itself 并 means "and" which I believe is a shortened version of 并且 ("and", "furthermore"). Often it's combined with other characters, commonly in e.g. 并不 which means "not" but more emphatically than by itself.

(biǎo)

表 is used in a few words with fairly distinct meanings. By itself, it means "surface" (but usually used in the longer form 表面), but is also used to mean "table" (as in Table 1 in a paper would be called 表1) or "form" (as in, a form that you can fill in 填表). Sometimes by itself 表 means 手表 "watch" (as in wristwatch). It's used is other words like 表示 ("show" or "express"; similar to 表现), 代表 ("representative" e.g. of a country), 发表 ("publish"), and 表演 ("perform").

Jointly, 友並表 doesn't seem to have any real meaning. Searching for "友並表" in Baidu gives no relevant hits.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.