I know 帖子 means post or thread on internet forum.

What is 顶楼? Is it the 1st reply?

These are all Internet slangs. Since a topic and all the replies look like a building (楼), each reply looks like a floor (楼层), the Chinese netizens call to post a reply as to build a building (盖楼), the person who starts the thread/topic is called the host of the building (楼主), and the first reply is called the first floor (一楼). 顶楼 (the topmost post) may be a variant name of 楼主 (or 一楼? I'm not sure), it's rarely seen. If 顶楼 is a phrase rather than a noun, its meaning likes 顶帖. Also, since the threads are sorted by the time of the last reply descendingly, 顶帖 can be be interpreted as 把帖子顶上去, which means to raise up the thread/topic (by posting a new reply intentionally).

• And the person who reply a thread is called 层主 – sylvia Dec 2 at 14:17
  • @sylvia You know that 层主 only exists in 百度贴吧, other forum system does not support leaving a simple comment to a reply. – 賈可 Jacky Dec 3 at 5:47
  • Not necessarily. I know at least two other forum you can leave comment to replies.. – sylvia Dec 3 at 22:25
  • @sylvia Actually, forum platforms like 百度贴吧 are rare until now, most forums may show comments under a reply but the comments themselves are also treated as normal replies and shown one more time in the replies list. – 賈可 Jacky Dec 4 at 2:28
  • @sylvia I don't mean it's the unique one, I mean it's rarely seen. All that I know, it's the only one that show comments under a single reply only but not in replies list again. – 賈可 Jacky Dec 4 at 2:32

As I understand it:

一楼 = first post

顶楼 = latest post

We often see post refer the previous posts as 楼下

Take this page for example:

85樓 (2019-10-07 02:23) is the latest post

2樓 (2018-05-29 15:49) is the oldest post (一楼 must had been deleted)

• latest post is not necessarily the 顶楼 – sylvia Dec 2 at 14:18

A post usually has a lot of replies or comments. 帖子的顶楼 means the reply(replies) or comment(s) at the top.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.