Sometimes I waste spend time on TikTok 斗音 with the hope it improves my Chinese. Occasionally I stumble upon videos which describe advice for improving one's Chinese handwriting. They might describe common handwriting problems by Chinese people. I find this rather useful.

E.g. one described how has at the bottom, but is often mistakenly written as if it has 与 (minus the 3-rd stroke) at the bottom.

But I'm not sure how I go about finding those videos specifically.

Question: How do I specifically find handwriting advice videos on 斗音?

• 抖音 is a short vedio APP just for amusement... I don't think you will find many serious things... – Toosky Hierot Dec 1 at 2:19
  • @TooskyHierot Many people do try to learn English through TikTok, apparently there are quite a few videos that attempt to teach English. – user3306356 Dec 1 at 3:20
  • I agree with @TooskyHierot, Douyin isn't a proper place to do serious learning. At best you get some fragmented pieces of advice. There are Chinese MOOC sites where professionals teach handwriting in a systematic way. – jf328 Dec 3 at 7:01
  • Please feel free to suggest alternatives in answers. – Becky 李蓓 Dec 3 at 7:01
  • I don’t think Douyin and TikTok are the same thing. Douyin videos are all in Chinese (which is why I use it for practice). TikTok doesn’t seem to work here, but I understand it has English videos. – Becky 李蓓 Dec 6 at 13:21

search for 臧老师教你写好字, it's an account of a primary school teacher, he posted lots of videos teaching 6~7 years old students to write Chinese characters.

How to find more this type videos? Search for the keywords 教写字, and you'll find more related videos and accounts (eg. The account 熊猫教写字-1年级 in the figure below is really good. Do remember to click the button 查看全部用户 to find more accounts and follow them)

screenshot

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.