enter image description here

Basically, it's a seal on a teapot, I'm wondering if it's legit in any way. The characters should be something like 'name+surname crafter'

These are quite modern Chinese characters. We expect an attempt at deciphering writing in the question. Please try this guide (How do I self-answer "What does this say?") then edit the question with your attempt. – dROOOze Dec 29 '19 at 9:03
  • With the "registered" character clearly visible and that the characters are in Simplified Chinese. It could be very likely that this wouldn't contain any "name+surname crafter". I would think it only contained the company name. – Daniel Cheung Jan 28 at 15:19

The top is 中国宜兴 the rest are unrecognizable.
The bottom is 徐汉棠制陶

| improve this answer | |
    Only one character is not visible. “中國宜興紫X工藝”, X is probably 砂. – dROOOze Dec 29 '19 at 11:51
    @dROOOze I think there might be one more character after 藝, because of the layout. There does seem to be something. It could be the simplified 廠. – Daniel Cheung Jan 28 at 15:21
  • @DanielCheung you're right, I missed that... – dROOOze Jan 28 at 15:21
  • Located in Wuxi City(无锡市), Jiangsu Province(江苏省), Yixing(宜兴) is the most famous producer of purple sand(紫砂) in China, especially the purple sand teapot. Xu Hantang(徐汉棠) is a famous master on purple sand art. – T-Pioneer Jul 27 at 0:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.