I'd like to understand this sentence well: 这天，农夫又来到田边巡视庄稼， 发现芦苇丛中的芦花纷纷扬扬，在空中飘来飘去.
- 这天，农夫又来到田边巡视庄稼 - I understand this part, no need to explain.
- 芦花 - it is probably reed's flower?
- 芦苇丛中 - what's the meaning of 丛 here?
- 纷纷扬扬 - what's this? Google Translate says 纷扬 means "flourish", while 纷纷扬扬 according to him means "one after another". I don't understand. And, if it means "flourish", how is it different from 开花? One is more common or more formal or what?
- 在空中 - does it simply means "in the air"?
- 飘来飘去 - Google Translate says it means "float around". Is ...来...去 a common scheme which has the meaning of "around"? Could you give some other examples with this phrase?
- 飘 - what does it mean, is it "float"?
- I'd be interested in a translation of the whole sentence too.