As I browsing around on the internet, I was looking at what a sentence meant in English. But the issue is that I was not sure if this is the Chinese letter for "1" or does it have a different interpretation.

enter image description here

I am talking about is this letter ^. It's the letter that looks like a dash but has that little thing at the right end.

| improve this question | | | | |

What you think is a caret (^) on the line is just the font style, the character is 1 = 一, yì

改编自....... 有一眼..........同名.......小说作品
gǎibiānzì (yǒuyìyǎn) tóngmíng xiǎoshuōzuòpǐn
Adaptedfrom (this is a pen name, nom du plume) same name novel
Adapted from You Yiyan's novel

| improve this answer | | | | |
    I think the caret ^ functions as an up arrow, pointing to the 一 above. – Becky 李蓓 Mar 18 at 0:35
  • Look in the picture at 有, 作 ,you see the same: a horizontal line 一 with a little bump on the end. It's the font. – Pedroski Mar 18 at 3:18

Yes, it is chinese number one. For the whole phrase, it is normally used like 改编自XXX同名小说, means "edited from the novel with the same name from XXX"

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 as Arabic numerals。

〇一二三四五六七八九十 for normal use in China (since ancient china).

零壹贰叁肆伍陆柒捌玖拾 for financial use in China, like accounting or bank transaction application.

• oops, forgot this, or for zero. – Shaw Mar 17 at 22:55
  • It's possible to edit to add them in. – Becky 李蓓 Mar 18 at 0:36

We are not sure whether or not it is "one". And when I see 同名小說作品. I think that whether or not 有一眼 is the writer who write novel(同名小說作品).

In this kind of situation, Google can provide help. I google 有一眼 and I found that there are several books, of which the author is 有一眼.

There is probability that 有一眼 is a writer who writes books.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.