I would like to get the translation of the following words into Chinese Simplified. All those words belong to the world of computer. Basically, I want to get the same words as you would see in the UI of major software (Firefox/Windows10/...)

Think that you would have a button for each word below. What would you read in a Chinese software interface?

copy, cut, paste, cancel, about... are good examples of words that you will see in every software UI and have a special meaning that an automated translator won't understand well. For instance, Google translate doesn't seem to do a good job.

Abort
About
Advanced
Apply
Back
Bluetooth
Cancel
Copy
CPU
Cut
Delete
Device
Downgrade
Format microSD
Hardware
Internet
MicroSD
Next
No
OK
Options
Paste
Play
Processor
Server
Settings
Size
Software
Sound
Storage
Upgrade
Video
Web
Wi-Fi
Yes

It would be better to have someone who is using a Chinese computer to answer that question.

• Google translate can do very good job about this kind of words. translate.google.com – user18787 Apr 5 at 2:49
  • Have you even read my question?!? This is exactly where Google Translate can completely fail: for instance because there is little context when there is only one word to translate (try to Google translate for back == 返回) – gregoiregentil Apr 5 at 7:52

Though you didn't do enough research... anyway it is just a simple question for me.

I guess you just set the system language to Chinese and it is solved.

Abort 中止 About 关于 Advanced 高级 Apply 应用 Back 返回 Bluetooth 蓝牙 Cancel 取消 Copy 复制 CPU CPU/中央处理单元 Cut 剪切 Delete 删除 Device 设备 Downgrade 降级 Format 样式 microSD microSD Hardware 硬件 Internet 因特网/互联网 Next 下一项/次项 No 否 OK 是 Options 选项 Paste 粘贴 Play 播放 Processor 处理器 Server 服务器 Settings 设置 Size 尺寸 Software 软件 Sound 声音 Storage 存储 Upgrade 升级 Video 视频 Web 网络 Wi-Fi WIFI Yes 是

| improve this answer | |
  • You should add newlines in that list so its easier to read. I think this is a good question because it would be good to have such a list all in one place. I might make myself some flash cards based on these. – taciteloquence Apr 3 at 10:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.